DOG ZONE DAY CAMP: THE MOST DOG FUN IN BATTLE CREEK!!
Day Camp is offered 7 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
How does DOG ZONE DAY CAMP start? Our trainers evaluate your dog for play level, size, physical condition, energy level, and temperament. With this information, we then select a play group for your dog. We create rounded and balanced group dynamics to ensure your dog is happy and safe.
Once in their groups, campers are guided to our outdoor play area. In good weather, the dogs can go in and out of the play areas as they wish. Our outside play areas give the dogs access to pea-gravel for ‘business’, sheltered snoozing areas, and several nice areas to ‘sunbathe’. With safety as our first concern, we offer spacious, double fenced yards, with awnings. If the weather changes, dogs have a large, padded floor, heated play area indoors.
After a few hours of play time, campers are guided indoors to heated/air conditioned, padded crates, or runs, where they can rest in groups.
We required rest time for all the campers. Much like children, dogs are prone to squabbles and injury when too much activity is allowed over too long a period. This is why rest periods are a mandatory part of the day for our campers. This decompression time for your pet not only benefits them physically and mentally but also aids their self-control and coping skills.
DOG ZONE IS A MUZZLE FREE FACILITY. Campers are always supervised by and interact with a member of the Dog Zone Team. Training staff is always present to ensure the safety and well-being of all the campers. Also, our staff members monitor energy levels and promote play in the groups.
Pay per day: 1 dog = $20 2 dogs = $32
Pre-paid days (10-day package only – see note in red below): 1 dog = $190 2 dogs = $300
NEW OPTION (as of September 4, 2018)
Half-day visits (no flexing on hours, please pick up your dog by the applicable time)
7:00 – 12:00 or 1:00 – 6:00
1 dog = $12 2 dogs = $18
Play and train – $35/day
Your dog enjoys day care and also works one-on-one with our trainers on skills you would like him/her to learn or improve.
Evaluation Day (FIRST DAY OF CAMP for NEW DOGS)
$30 for 1 dog / $40 for 2 dogs
This fee includes an assessment of your dog’s suitability for day camp. If your dog has not been to day camp for a period of 90 days, his or her suitability must be re-evaluated.
Prepaid visits must be used within 3 months of purchase date. No Refunds, No Exceptions. It could take up to 2 months after a dog first starts day care (depending upon how often the dogs attends) before he/she is eligible for a package. For more information, please ask a staff member.
Day Camp Policies
- DOGS MUST ENTER AND EXIT CAMP ON LEASH. ****SAFETY ISSUE**** NO EXCEPTIONS.
- ALL dogs must have on a buckle, premier or quick release collar to play in. Dogs may be walked in and out wearing training collars, such as pinch or choke collars, which will be removed for play time.
- ALL dogs 8 months or older must be spayed or neutered to attend camp unless prior arrangements have been made and as long as they do not display problem behaviors before 8 months of age.
- ALL dogs must have proof of current vaccinations or titers and must be on flea and heart preventative.
- CAMPERS WILL NOT be allowed to participate in regular camp activities if they have health conditions that could lead to injury or that could cause them to be re-injured. WE WILL accept *qualified campers in need of supervised care due to health reasons that are not contagious in nature. *Not all campers will qualify – dependent on their stress level during the required downtime.
- ALL CAMPERS MUST attend camp a minimum of one day per week. Dogs feel more comfortable and secure when they come on a regular basis. Camp becomes a familiar, stress-free, and fun experience that dogs look forward to.
- ALL dogs MUST HAVE a Reservation. Playgroup and activity planning is based on which dogs are expected on any given day.
- You MUST CANCEL your reservation by 7 am that day OR YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THAT DAY. Please be courteous and let others use the time that you don’t.
- Camp HOURS are 7 am to 6 pm Tuesday to Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday. Please be considerate and adhere to these hours.
NO EARLY DROP-OFFS or LATE PICK-UPS unless prior arrangements have been made. Sorry, we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
A LATE FEE CHARGED for Pre-Arranged Late Pick-Up, $10 for any pick-up after 6:00 PM.
NO PICK-UP AFTER 6:30 pm. Dogs not picked up by 6:30 pm will be fed and bedded down for the night. If no prior arrangements were made, the late fee plus a fee equal to one day’s visit (to cover extra care for overnight stay) will be added to your regular cost for the day.
- It is YOUR responsibility to keep a current address and phone numbers on record with us.