We are currently hiring for a part-time Dog Care Assistant. If you are interested, please read the position description below.
Submit your resume BY EMAIL ONLY to DCAPosition@yahoo.com. ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-IN APPLICANTS!
Currently seeking motivated, responsible, dedicated, and caring part-time professionals to join our family!
The function of our Dog Care Assistant position is to provide a positive and safe experience for all dogs in our care.
We are looking for someone that is positive, hardworking, and professional, that has a willingness to learn new skills and has the ability to work as part of a team.
Our company is a close-knit family made up of our caring staff, our customers, and their dogs. All employees must be able to communicate respectfully and effectively under all circumstances and with all parties concerned.
The DCA position is physically demanding. Applicants should be prepared to spend most of a shift on their feet, working in varying weather conditions among a large group of dogs of all sizes, shapes, breeds, and ages.
Basic requirements for all employees include:
- HS graduate or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH DOGS! One year minimum required
- MUST NOT BE FEARFUL OF LARGE DOGS!
- Reliability and punctuality. Must have reliable transportation
- Professional appearance and presentation
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- A willingness to closely follow instructions as well as complete tasks independently
- Excellent phone skills
- Must be able to lift 45 to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work flexible hours during the week, up to 30 hours a week
- Some weekend and holiday hours
Some specific job duties include:
- Greeting clients and their dogs
- Assisting customers with requests and directing inquiries about services
- Active supervision of group play and monitoring of dogs during break-time
- Feeding and administering of medications if needed
- Basic dog grooming such as nail trims and baths when needed
- Cleaning up after dogs
- Cleaning facility floors, walls, windows, bathrooms etc.